Brewing Team Member - San Diego, CA
SEEKING a versatile, passionate brewer interested in making high-quality beer in an innovative segment of the craft beer market to join our growing team in San Diego, CA! Athletic Brewing is pioneering a revolution in non-alcoholic craft beer. The opportunity this role affords can be as expansive in a rapidly growing company. You will be working alongside an award-winning head brewer tackling unique challenges. We would love to further discuss our vision for the brand, impact, and how you can be a big part in it playing out.
- Reports to Lead Brewer and Head Brewer
- Participate in all aspects of wort production including but not limited to:
- Receiving/storing ingredients, milling, weighing, mashing, boiling, transfer, inoculation, aeration, monitoring and recording in written and digital format
- Participate in all aspects of cellar activity including but not limited to:
- Monitoring and recording, CIP’s and SIP’s, yeast handling, filtration, cleaning, transfers.
- Assist in canning operations as needed from machine operations to cleaning
- Professional and meticulous use of all chemicals in brewery
- Operate keg washer & canning line from time-to-time
- Assist in loading and unloading deliveries as needed with forklift and hand trucks after PIT training is complete
- Participate in all other facility cleaning and maintenance
- Participate in ABC events as needed.
- 4-year college degree.
- Brewing degree not required but considered favorably.
- Experience in cellaring and brewing production valued.
- Strong technical understanding of brewing process and sanitation.
- Experience with tools valued.
- Experience with sanitation and cleaning systems valued.
Skills and Traits:
- Passion, Integrity, Honesty, Dependability, Attention to detail.
- Team-oriented and results driven with a commitment to quality.
- Must be able to fulfill physical requirements of running a brewhouse - safely lift, climb stairs, clean, etc.
- Personal curiosity in improving systems.
- Desire to have a positive impact on customers.
- Passionate interest for the brewing industry and community.
- Location: San Diego, CA
- Salary: Commensurate with experience.
- Benefits: Full health, vision, dental, life, 401k.
- Versatile work schedule, but reasonable in quantity.
- Email email@example.com to apply.
- We are an equal opportunity employer – we thrive when we champion diversity and inclusion. We are welcoming, respectful, and supportive at work and in our community.